Do you have post-workout plans? Are you trying to squeeze in a quick cardio session before heading back to the office?
Too often we cancel a workout due to other plans. After a sweat-sesh at the gym, we don’t always want to show up to other plans while looking like we just ran off the treadmill. But, what if I told you that you could have it all? There is a post-workout beauty routine that will take you from drab (or just really sweaty) to fab in less than 10 minutes.
I promise this is not too good to be true. Check out these post-workout beauty routines to help you go from the gym to the work desk, while looking like you never broke a sweat.
Wash any makeup off of your face. This will help better avoid makeup clogging your pores and causing breakouts.
- Wipe face and neck with cold, damp towel – This helps lower your body temperature and reduce sweating. Jeannette Graf, M.D., a dermatologist based in New York City advises, “Post-workout, count to five as you splash freezing-cold water on your face and over wrists”. Reducing your body temperature this way will help decrease sweating and help you reduce the time spent on your beauty routine.
- Shower Wipes – Good Wipes are shower wipes made for ladies. These wipes hydrate your skin with aloe and vitamin E while also Revitalizing and cleansing with Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint, and Ginseng. When there’s no time to shower, these are a great way to wipe away dirt, sweat and oil. They leave you feeling and smelling refreshed! Priced at $9.99, Good Wipes come in a resealable package that’s easy to slip into any gym bag.
- Face Wipes – If you didn’t wipe your makeup off before your workout, do so. Your pores are probably clogged with sweat and dirt by this point. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes makes taking off your makeup easy. Price at around $6.45 these are also affordable. End with a splash of cold water, to minimize your pores.
- Deodorant – Apply your choice of deodorant to arm pits. If you’re a heavy sweater you may want to apply between boobs and other sweat glands as well.
- Soothing Moisturizer – To tone down redness use Alba Botanica moisturizing cream. The combination of Jasmine and Vitamin E are amazing soothing properties. As someone who has personally suffered from rosacea and has spent a lot of money trying to find a soothing moisturizer, this is the first moisturizer that helped tone down my rosey cheeks. Now that my rosacea is under control, I still love it for it’s soothing properties after a good workout.
- Refreshing Body Mist Spray– J.r. Watkins Coconut Milk Honey Body Oil Mist not only smells amazing but it also helps hydrate skin. Packed with Vitamin E it acts as a moisturizer, unlike most body mists.
- CC Cream – CC Cream can be a miracle worker on post-workout redness. It works as an amazing color corrector and can easily cover up uneven skin tones, redness and fine lines. Sonia Kashuk, a makeup artist in New York City, says “A sheer wash of foundation or a BB or CC cream instantly neutralizes redness.” Try this affordable CC Creams from Olay with SPF 15 for sun protection. Apply with a slightly damp sponge to further cool your skin.
- Dry Shampoo – As a busy Mom who works out every day, I hate having to rewash my hair. Not Your Mother’s Dry Shampoo is my personal favorite brand to use. I have extremely thick, oily, blonde hair. This brand leaves zero residue while leaving my hair feeling fresh. The best part? It only costs around $5.
- John Frieda Hair Serum – This hair serum will help tame and defrizz your locks. A few drops to your lovely mane is all you need to look back-to-work-ready. Since this is a serum, do not add to roots in order to avoid an oily look.
- Portable Flat Iron – If you have a few extra minutes, this can be a major game changer for your hair! Especially if you end up with bumps in your hair from pulling it into a ponytail. This rechargeable, mini, cordless flat iron by NexGadget works amazing on touchups and rings in around $45. This cordless flat iron is rechargeable by USB, meaning it can be recharged anywhere – including your car!
- Lip Balm – A subtle pink, like this Colour Riche Balm by L’Oreal Paris, will help add a little pop to your face and show off that post workout glow. Priced around $7, Colour Riche Balm will instantly smooth and add up to 8-hours of hydration to your lips.
Add any other makeup you may deem essential like mascara or eyeshadow and you’ll be ready to take on the rest of your day. After following this beauty routine, no one will even be able to tell that you just seriously busted your butt in the gym. However, those dirty clothes in your gym bag will tell a completely different story.