DJ Khaled recently released another hit off of his upcoming album ‘Grateful’, this time featuring Rihanna and Bryson Tiller. The title of the track is ‘Wild Thoughts’ and the makeup look Rihanna rocked in the music video was nothing less than wild!
In the video, Rihanna was seen wearing a bold turquoise blue cat eye, bronzed glowy face makeup, and a bold bright red lip! This makeup look is perfect for the summer months and we can see it being surprisingly wearable, despite it’s boldness.
While we’ve been taught traditionally to play up one feature–either eyes OR lips and to stick with more natural options for the other part of the look, Rihanna can always be a source of inspiration to for style and beauty that pushes the limits and encourages us to be more playful when it comes to creating our own looks–the looks in this video were no exception.
Today, we’ve rounded up all of the key products that can be used to recreate the look for less! Feel free to experiment with products you already have, or add to/remove any of the steps below to make it your own.
Get that MAKEUP look:
- Start by applying your base makeup and eyebrow products (if necessary) as you normally would. I always start with a luminous finish foundation all over my face as well as applying concealer under my eyes, in the center of my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, under my cheekbones and on my chin to create natural looking definition.
- Glowy-bronzed skin is the base of this look; to recreate it, use the e.l.f Baked Highlight and Bronzer Duo. Apply the bronzer to carve out your cheekbones, around your forehead, and along your jawline (think of this technique as applying a 3 on your face.) Then, apply the highlight on top of your cheekbones, a little on the tip of your nose, and on your brow bones. I also love to apply a little highlighter to my collarbones and on the center of my chest.
- Next, use the NYX Pigment in the shade ‘Egotastic’ to shade the outer corner of your eyelid. Use the NYX Pigment in the shade ‘Twinkle Twinkle’ to the inner corner of your eyelid. Blend both colors into the center of your eyelid and repeat the process along your lower lash line. If you want to experiment with colors on a regular basis, we recommend the palettes from BH Cosmetics. They contain every color of the rainbow and then some!
- Create a wing along your eyelid using the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner. Then apply your fav mascara (I’m loving the Lash Sensational mascara by Maybelline right now.)
- Then, apply the Ultra Matte Lip by ColourPop in the shade ‘Creeper’ to your lips. For a flawless application, use the tip of the applicator to line around your lips before filling them in completely.
- To finish the look, spritz the NYX Dewy Finish Finishing Spray all over your face for some extra glow and highlight. This addition looks especially gorgeous in the summer months. It can really take your makeup looks to the next level, plus it will keep your makeup in place and lasting all day/night long!
(Photo credits: Feature image/video screenshot courtesy Vevo/Epic Records and Rihanna’s Instagram @badgalriri)