Smurf Latte Straight from Land Down Under
It looks like a blueberry slurpee, and sorta comes in the same cup too! But surprise: it’s a latte! Matcha Mylkbar, a vegan cafe in Australia, invented this new superfood drink and it’s going viral.
The health elixir coffee contains lemon, coconut milk, ginger agave, and its signature E3 live blue algae powder. According to the cafe owner, the result is a sweet and sour coffee.
Granted, this isn’t for everyone. Some of us will prefer to indulge in our normal coffee at a prestigious Café west Melbourne based, but it’s undeniable that this blue drink has us all curious to see what it tastes like!
But it must taste divine because it’s trending almost as much as the latest on the Kardashians! Here’s how popular it is: The cafe doesn’t even have it on its menu people only know about it and are buying it like hot cakes because of its Instagram hype! People are literally going up to the register with their phones and pointing at an Instagram photo of the dessert-looking latte to order it. Mashable
But Is It Healthy?
According to Dr. Edward Group of the Global Healing Center, organic blue-green algae is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. You may have heard of spirulina, which is a popular anti-cancer supplement. It’s a variety of this algae. Global Healing Center
- It has more beta-carotene than broccoli.
- It has over 65 minerals, vitamins, and healthy enzymes.
- It has 18 out of 20 of the amino acids your body needs to make your proteins (and build your muscles).
- It’s antioxidant-rich, which combats the effects of stress and protects you from chronic diseases.
- Some studies even suggest it can boost your stem cell production (which keep you young and restore your health)!
This new hot drink is already healthy with its anti-cancer ginger agave and electrolyte-replenishing coconut milk. Its blue algae powder certainly isn’t just for artificial coloring! It’s probably the healthiest and most powerful ingredient in the elixir coffee!
How to Brew Your Own Blue Latte
Don’t live in Melbourne? Don’t worry! Here’s how you can make your own blue coffee at home: Goodfood
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Slowly add ginger powder and blue algae powder.
- Mix until the brew is uniform, then slowly pour it into your mug.
- Add coconut milk just like you’d add milk to your regular coffee. You can also add drops of lemon juice for more flavoring.
This drink is the perfect morning drink to start your workday. Its antioxidants protect you from the stress of professional life. If you take it during lunch, its electrolytes will power you up like an energy drink and give you the boost you need to make it to the end of the day!