Do You Need Help with a Self-Care Checklist?
If you struggle with making self-care a regular part of your daily routine or just aren’t sure how to do that, having a self-care checklist is a great idea. It’s an easy way to make sure that you are incorporating self-care activities in a way that is effective and sustainable.
To create your own self-care checklist, we’ve curated a standard list that you can use, along with a few specific examples. The best way to approach it is to get creative and make it your own. Self-care is not one size fits all and everyone is unique. You’re self-care checklist should be, too.
You can use the list below as it is, or better yet, come up with some specific goals of your own within each category. We’ve listed an example of a specific goal below; take it or leave it or totally change it!
15 Daily Self-Care Checklist
- Drink water- At least 8 glasses per day.
- Wear sunscreen – To protect your skin from sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Make your bed- It’ll give you a small sense of accomplishment.
- Get organized- Evaluate your calendar and prioritize your todo list. You can’t do it all.
- Get outside- Even if it’s for a few minutes. Walk your dog.
- Move your body- Practice yoga at home or head out for a quick run.
- Take vitamins- Call your doctor for vitamin recommendations.
- Meditate- Practice the Meditation for inner calm on headspace.
- Hygiene- Shower and brush teeth in the morning.
- Eat Healthy- Include a vegetable and fruit in every meal.
- Practice Gratitude– Write down 3 things you’re grateful for each morning.
- Think positive- This is the best way to reduce your stress level.
- Manage online time- Log out of social media for 1 hour.
- Outsource your home tasks- Amazon fresh is always a great option.
- Get enough sleep- Go to bed one hour earlier on weekdays.
Choose a few or use all 15 to create your own customized checklist. Feeling brave? Share your checklist with us in the comments below! Let’s inspire and encourage each other on our self-care journey.